Choosing your baby’s caregivers wisely
Before you leave your baby with someone, ask yourself the following:
- Does this person want to watch my child or children?
- Have I had a chance to watch this person care for my infant(s) or other children?
- Is this person good with babies and has this person been a good caregiver to other children?
- Will my baby be in a safe environment with this person?
- Have I gone over my Crying Plan with this person?
Do NOT leave your baby with anyone who:
- Is impatient or gets annoyed when your baby cries.
- Says your baby cries too much.
- Will become angry if your baby cries or bothers them.
- Might treat your child roughly because they are upset with you.
- Has a history of violence.
- Has lost custody of his/her own children because they could not care for them, or hurt them.
- Abuses drugs or alcohol.
- Is unable to give your baby (or babies) the attention they need.
NEEP HELP FINDING GOOD CHILDCARE IN YOUR AREA?
Call Child Care Aware at 1-800-424-2246 or go to childcareaware.org
to find a provider in your area.