As baby’s motor skills improve, he or she is finding more and more chances to reach and play. Here are a few of the best toys you can offer at this stage, and how they help your baby develop:
- Rattles—in different shapes, colors and materials—build coordination.
- Play mats and play gyms invite baby to stretch out, roll over and reach up.
- Mobiles sharpen eyesight and thinking. Make sure mobile is out of reach of baby.
- Teethers soothe sore gums and gives babies something to chew on.
- Mirrors are fun to look at and help baby start to practice and recognize facial expressions, like happy or sad.